Course available at the venue below:
The VTCT Level 3 Award in Anatomical and Physiological Knowledge of Body Systems is a qualification that has been specifically designed to give you knowledge and understanding of the main systems of the body. This knowledge and understanding is embedded in many beauty and complementary therapy qualifications. You will also learn about further career pathways in allied healthcare fields.
National Occupational Standards
Units in this qualification have been mapped to the relevant NOS (where applicable). This qualification is regulated on the Regulated Qualifications Framework. This qualification is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa qualifications.
Pre-requisites (entry level):
There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have prior to enrolling on this course.
Home study course consisting of 10 learning outcomes accessed via our online course platform, includes training manuals and slides and VTCT assessment booklet (PDF) . There is 1 online invigilated exam to sit at the end of the course
10 learning outcomes –
1. Be able to have knowledge of the skin, nails and hair
2. Be able to have knowledge of the skeletal system
3. Be able to have knowledge of the muscular system
4. Be able to have knowledge of the nervous system
5. Be able to have knowledge of the endocrine system
6. Be able to have knowledge of the respiratory system
7. Be able to have knowledge of the cardiovascular system
8. Be able to have knowledge of the lymphatic system
9. Be able to have knowledge of the digestive system
10.Be able to have knowledge of further career pathways
This can be started at anytime
You can either :
* attend our assessment centre (Bideford, North Devon) to sit your exam paper at the end of the course.
* we can set a date for your exam to be taken via live video link, with our invigilator
Self-paced home study can be started at anytime (+ 1 exam completed as an online test) and covers approx. Guided learning hours - 60
No, there are no case studies required for this course.
The VTCT (Vocational Training and Charitable Trust)
This is a good foundation to go onto becoming a self-Employed or employed complementary / beauty therapist / hairdresser.
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will have the opportunity to progress to the following VTCT qualifications:
• Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage
• Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (General - Electrics route)
• Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage
• Level 3 Certificate in Stone Therapy Massage
• Level 3 Certificate in Indian Head Massage
• Level 3 Certificate in Massage Using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils
We recommend you purchase a text book to support your learning
VTCT Level 3 Award in Anatomical and Physiological Knowledge of Body Systems
Please check your insurance companies requirements before enrolling on this course? (It is the students responsibility to check coverage with their insurers BEFORE enrolling on this course)
Here are some insurance companies, some with introductory discounts - https://holistic-therapies-training.teachable.com/p/accreditation
If you prefer to pay by bank transfer, PayPal or PayPal credit, here are the details
Please note, if you choose either of these methods, your booking will be processed manually, and can take up to 24 hours to receive access to your training pack.
Karen has more than 16 years experience in the industry, she is the founder of Holistic Therapies Training, launched in 2007. Karen is a course writer and author of 'The Essential Oils Guide'. Writing is her passion and she has a wealth of knowledge in beauty, massage and complementary therapies.
StartModule 1 - The Skin, nails and hair
StartModule 2 - The Skeletal System
StartModule 3 - The Muscular System
StartModule 4 - The Nervous System
StartModule 5 - The Endocrine System
StartModule 6 - The Respiratory System
StartModule 7 - The Cardiovascular System
StartModule 8 - The Lymphatic System
StartModule 9 - The Digestive System
StartModule 10 - Knowledge of further career pathways