- All payments made are non-refundable. Payment is to be made immediately on booking on the course to secure a place on the course.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check the course fee that is payable for their booking.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek which method of payment they will use. The payment methods are listed on the enrolment form.
- Course fees include Pre-course training material accessed via our online course platform, practical training (where applicable), case study marking and issuance of a certificate, unless otherwise stated.
- For all special offers & discounts, we require full payment to enrol on the course. We do not accept deposits or payment plans for special offers or discounts.
Only 1 special offer or discount price can be used per booking and cannot be combined with any other offer currently running.
- For all home study courses, 100% of the course fee is payable prior to commencement of the course, modules will not be emailed until full payment has been received and cleared.
- For a student booking to be processed, an enrolment form is required to be completed and returned to us.
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All credit, debit and PayPal payments are subject to a 2% charge of the course fee paid.
- If a payment plan has been granted, a standing order MUST be set up for ALL monthly payments or your booking will be cancelled, and all payments made to date will be non-refundable or non-transferable. If your first instalment is not paid within the first 31 days, your booking will be cancelled as we do not chase monthly payments. Monthly payments are to be set up for the 1st OR the 15th of each month ONLY. Your deposit can be paid by the following method - bank transfer, PayPal, debit, or credit card.
- Payment Gateways - Bookings made through our course platform are taken via Stripe for all debit & credit card payments. We can also accept PayPal payments using paypal.me - https://paypal.me/holistictherapies. We can accept payments via direct bank transfer. We can accept card payments at our Bideford centre via SumUp.
- We do not have facilities to take payments over the telephone.
We can accept bookings via the following:
- Website - Courses can be booked direct from our website. One course at a time. If you wish to book multiple courses, we can raise an invoice for you and manually add your course to your account once payment is received.
- PayPal - You can send us a payment via PayPal.me with details of the courses you want to book, and we can add these to your account once payment is cleared. https://paypal.me/holistictherapies
- Bank Transfer - You can pay us via bank transfer and send us details of the courses you want to book, and we can add these to your account once payment is cleared.
- At our training centre - You can pay by card at our centre using SumUp.
- We cannot accept payment over the telephone.
Student Payment Receipt
- If you have booked through our website or by PayPal you will automatically receive a receipt via email at time of booking.
- If you pay via bank transfer you can drop us an email and we can raise a receipt for you.
- If you pay via SumUp at our centre, you will be given the option to enter your email address to receive a receipt emailed to you.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check that cover is honoured with their insurance company prior to enrolling on a course at Holistic Therapies Training. We can accept no responsibility for a refusal of insurance once the learner has enrolled and paid for their course.
- If you do not have insurance, we can recommend some insurance companies. However, it is the student’s responsibility to seek a suitable insurance company for themselves. A list of insurers can be found here – holistictherapiestraining.co.uk/insurance. You MUST still check with them before enrolling on any course with us, however, as we cannot guarantee they will accept our qualifications.
- It is the student’s responsibility to take out student insurance while undertaking their training / case studies with us.
- Due to our insurance, we are sadly now unable to accept learner enrolments who reside in the USA or Canada.
- The course fee and / or deposit is non-refundable in the event of a student cancelling their booking.
- If the student cancels within 7 days of the practical training day, the full 100% fee is non-refundable or transferable and further fees apply to re-book any further training dates.
- If the students request to change their practical training date, an admin fee is applicable, please ask for the current admin fee charge.
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to change any course dates, including if there are insufficient numbers of students attending, or a model cannot be found, or in unforeseen circumstances.
- If a student cancels within 14 days prior to the practical training date, a proof of reason may be requested.
- A minimum of 2 students is required to run the course unless a one-to-one booking has been confirmed between student and tutor. The student will then be required to provide a model. Unless an agreement for a model to be provided by the tutor has been agreed between student and tutor. It is always the student’s responsibility to arrange for models however, a tutor cannot guarantee this.
- No refunds are issued once any, or all training material has been downloaded for any courses due to copyright law.
- No refunds are honoured other than the terms listed here, this includes, but not limited to, any refund requests due to Covid-19 or other pandemic, illness, or event out of our control.
- If a student cancels any VTCT assessment date, they will need to pay a fee to re-book regardless of reason.
- Holistic Therapies Training cannot be held responsible for costs or loss of earnings due to course cancellation or alterations.
Practical Training Day
- Holistic Therapies Training offers intense practical training courses. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that this level of training is suitable for their individual needs. Fast track training is not suitable for everyone. Holistic Therapies Training takes no responsibility for students failing to be able to complete their training with us.
- It is required that the pre course training material be fully studied, and any online test completed and returned to us prior to the practical training date.
- It is the student’s responsibility to further research the course that they are studying in addition to the pre-course training manual provided. A recommended reading list is available on request.
- You will be required to give and receive a treatment of the chosen therapy that you are studying on the practical training day. Unless you have booked a one-to-one training day, in which you will work only on a model and will not receive a treatment on yourself.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform the tutor of any medical conditions that they may have, at the time of booking, especially if this contra-indicates them to receiving a treatment on the practical training day. A full list of the contra-indications relevant to the therapy is listed in the pre-course training manual and is also available, on request, from the tutor.
- It is advisable for the student to not consume alcohol within 24 hours of attending a practical training day, due to dehydration.
- A certificate will only be issued to the student once they have demonstrated that they understand the therapy and can conduct a treatment in a safe and professional manner. The tutor reserves the right to refuse to issue the certificate or request that the student attends for a further assessment. (Further fees will be payable if a re-assessment is required.)
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to change a course date at any time. It is the student’s responsibility to contact us regarding course dates. If a course date changes and a student has already booked on the course, then the student will be contacted immediately to offer alternative dates.
- It is the student’s responsibility to print and bring their course notes and consultation forms to each training day, as well as any other documents requested in their training pack.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check and look up directions for their training days prior to avoid any late arrivals on the day.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check the suitability of the training venue before enrolling on a course, to include, accessibility, parking facilities, distance, and suitability. All our training venues are listed on our website here – www.holistictherapiestrainingacademy.co.uk
- If the student arrives more than 15 minutes late on any training / assessment day, the tutor may refuse to let you join the class or to commence the training / assessment. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they arrive at the course in plenty of time. Any lateness could result in the course not being able to commence, and further costs applicable to cover extra tutor time and room hire, etc. This extra cost will be payable by the student, before, the training can commence. If the training cannot go ahead, due to the student’s lateness, the student will have to pay a £100 fee to reschedule the training date.
- Bespoke training offered to cater for specific learner needs and professional membership requirements, where needed. Please ask for further details, and a quote.
- If the student does not turn up for their training day or informs us, they cannot attend with less than 24 hours’ notice, they will need to re-book their training day at a cost to the student. This will be an additional fee of £100, per student per day, for each day not attended.
- If a student or model arrives at any of our training venues and are deemed unfit for treatment or training, we have the right to refuse entry, this could include, but is not limited to, health reasons, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, acting in a rude or violent manner.
- All courses must be completed within the specified time listed below of the enrolment date unless otherwise agreed with the management of Holistic Therapies Training. If this time has passed and the student wishes to continue the course, further fees will apply before the student can complete their course. For VTCT courses, a further £150 fee is payable PER 3-month extension period.
Home / Distant learning course – 12 months
Accredited Course (with practical attendance) – 6 months
VTCT course – 12 months
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to fully research the course prior to booking. This includes course content, eligibility for insurance, level of qualification and any other course suitability for the student in all its aspects. Once a booking has been made, a refund is not payable. Holistic Therapies Training accepts no responsibility if the content of the course does not meet the student’s requirements. Once a booking has been confirmed, including attendance of the practical training day, the student will be required to abide and comply with all the terms of Holistic Therapies Training set out herein.
- Students and models must be of a minimum age of 18 to attend a course or attend to receive a treatment as a model.
- No previous experience is required for a student to attend a course; however, some courses do have pre-requisites! It is the student’s responsibility to enquire about pre-requisites, and to provide a suitable copy of a previous qualification if required. Please refer to each individual course for pre-requisites and requirements.
- If the student enrols on a course and does not meet the pre-requisite, their certificate may be invalid, and they may not be able to obtain insurance. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they meet the prerequisite standards and check the minimum requirements from their insurance company.
- A good standard of English, to include verbal, written & reading, is required to attend a course with Holistic Therapies Training.
- An enrolment form is required to be completed and / or signed by each student attending a course with us (An electronic enrolment form once submitted, counts as the student signing in agreement to the contract and terms). It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they have submitted a signed enrolment form. Any enrolment forms that have not been signed / submitted electronically by the student, may invalidate all agreements / rights held between Holistic Therapies Training and the student.
- If any correspondence or communication has been sent to us by the student, whether via email, letter, text, answer phone message or any other method; it is the student’s sole responsibility to follow up, check or ensure that Holistic Therapies Training has received the communication.
- All course work / correspondence submitted, whether by email or post, MUST be labelled with the student’s full name and the course they are referring to. We do receive several pieces of work from our students and cannot match these up to the student if they have not been correctly labelled. Any work not properly labelled will not be marked and this will hold up the marking process.
- If there are any queries at all, the student MUST register them within 7 days, and we will aim to rectify them for you.
- All students must comply with all policies of Holistic Therapies Training including Code of Ethics, Health & Safety, Security & any other policies required by Holistic Therapies Training.
- Students must not have any medical / health reasons that may affect their training or studies. It is the student’s responsibility to check with their GP first if required.
- Holistic Therapies Training cannot be held responsible for any reason why a student is unable to complete their course for any reason whatsoever. Once enrolled, no refunds will be issued.
Accidents / First Aid
All accidents will be logged in our accident book, which is kept on site at our training centre. Any additional health & safety measures will be considered, if required.
A first aid kit is provided at our training centre in Bideford, Devon and it is the responsibility of our tutors to hold their own first aid kit at their own training venue. Our staff at our Bideford centre are all first aid trained, and it is the tutors’ responsibilities to ensure they are up to date with all adequate first aid training.
All our tutors work independently on a self-employed basis and will hold their own public liability and teaching insurance.
- If a student fails to attend a practical training date for any reason, a refund or further course place will not be issued.
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to decline a student’s application to attend a training course.
- Holistic Therapies Training reserves the right to alter a course date or venue at any time.
- The student must log any queries they have within 7 days of the training.
- All course material provided by Holistic Therapies Training are copyright and remain the sole right of Holistic Therapies Training. No copies, extract or references can be made to the course material without prior permission and must be agreed in writing.
- Holistic Therapies Training will always comply with GDPR, and student’s information will never be shared with outside sources, other than their tutor, the VTCT and accrediting bodies where required.
- All students, who have enquired or enrolled with us, will be added to our mailing list. The student is free to opt out at any time by unsubscribing.
- All course materials are accessed via our online course platform. We do not offer hard copies of our training material.
- The student will be encouraged to purchase further textbooks for the therapy that they are studying.
- The student will be required to purchase all required equipment and products to practice their case studies to complete their studies.
- We require students to provide and bring sufficient towels, and products for the therapy they are learning at each training day. We provide couches, trolleys, stools, chairs, waste bin.
- It is also the student’s responsibility to bring and provide their own PPE required for the therapy they are learning, in conjunction with industry and government requirements.
- Some equipment such as iPad/Iphones/Androids/Tablets/Phones/Other electronic reading devices, may not be able to view documents in word or pdf. Please ensure you have access to suitable viewing equipment, such as a pc or laptop.
- All course material is available on our online course platform. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they can access and view the documents.
- All course material bears a copyright and is not to be used by anyone other than the student registered on our system to use it.
- Courses run by Holistic Therapies Training have been approved, verified & accredited and are suitable to run as a viable professional training course as well as eligible for professional insurance. It is the student’s responsibility to enquire about which bodies the courses are accredited through, whether their insurance company will cover the certificate and whether the level of qualification for the course is suitable for their individual needs, changes to accreditation and training material can be periodically made and Holistic Therapies Training cannot be held responsible for any misperception these changes may cause. For most courses, a VRQ qualification is also available, this is an internationally recognised qualification, run by the VTCT, if the student is in doubt regarding which level of course they should enrol on, and we would recommend they take the VTCT course, where possible.
- Accreditation can change at any time. Holistic Therapies Training will not be responsible for changes made.
- All VTCT certificates will be issued through Holistic Therapies Training Academy
- All VTCT assessments are held in Bideford ONLY, and cannot be held at any other training venues.
- Every 6-12 months, the VTCT send an EQA to the assessment centre to audit the centre and the students. An EQA has the right to select which students they require to attend on that date. All students MUST attend if they have been selected, even if this is not their planned assessment date. Your tutor/assessor can provide you with further information on this. All planned EQA visit dates are provided on our assessment date page here - www.holistictherapiestraining.co.uk/student-assessment-dates
- Your course fees cover you for one External verification with the awarding body, the EQA will either want to see you perform a treatment or just ask for your portfolio - the EQA will still attend HTT(Holistic Therapies Training) and charge us for the visit even if you attend or not - if you fail to make this appointment, you might have to wait another 6 Months before the EQA is due again and there is a cost to you
- Students must ensure they are available to attend the assessment date, if a learner does not attend, the EQA has the right to delay a learner’s qualification until their next visit.
- By attending and completing an assessment does not automatically mean you have passed your assessment. If we feel you need further work, you will be required to re-attend your assessment on a different day. We strive ourselves on qualifying our students to the highest standard possible, so please do not be offended if we request you to re-sit an assessment, as it is in your interest as well as ours to ensure you qualify to a high standard. Practice makes perfect!
- Here is a link to our appeals procedure - www.holistictherapiestraining.co.uk/appeals-procedure This is also displayed on the wall outside of the training room.
- It is the student's responsibility to keep in touch with their assessor / Holistic Therapies Training Academy throughout the duration of their course. Keep in touch with your tutor on a regular basis either by phone, email, or post. Your tutor will expect to hear from you at least every two weeks, if we have not heard from you for a few weeks and we have tried to contact you – but no response then we will presume you no longer wish to complete the course and we will remove you from our register – should you come back to us later you will have to re-pay for your course.
- You are allowed up to 12 Months to complete your course paperwork, however most candidates tend to achieve much earlier, if you go over the 12 Month period there will be a charge of £200 to extend your registration with Holistic Therapies Training Academy, unless you have been granted an extension.
Home Study / Distant Learning Course
- At Holistic Therapies Training, we recognise the convenience of home learning, and how this can improve on the student’s knowledge, treatment range and skills they can offer. We also recognise that practical experience is of utmost importance to give the best possible treatment, therefore, we do recommend that the students gain practical experience where possible, this may also be a requirement of their insurance company for them to insure the certificate. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they meet the requirements of their insurance company before enrolling on any course with Holistic Therapies Training, as refunds are not issued.
- Sadly, due to our insurance, we are unable to accept any learners who reside in USA or Canada.
NOTE: Whilst home study / distant learning courses provide a great source of information and convenience to the learner, we believe that this cannot substitute practical ‘hands on’ experience. It is at the learner’s discretion to enrol on these courses, and to gain the correct knowledge and experience, as well as further training, where necessary (Some Insurers / Professional memberships may only provide insurance if practical experience has been gained in the subject.) Some of our home study courses, only provide the learner with an introduction to the subject, and we strongly advice they advance their learning with further courses and practical training where appropriate. It can take several years to become knowledgeable and experienced in some subjects.
You may be required to undertake practical training in addition to the home study to be covered, please check with your insurers/professional membership BEFORE enrolling.
All courses taught by Holistic Therapies Training are taught to a high industry standard. The courses cannot diagnose medical conditions and should never be used as a substitute for any medical care and advice. Contra-indications and benefits are discussed as part of the courses but are not intended as medical advice. No therapies taught are deemed as treatments that will cure or prevent a condition or disease.
All course material has been checked, verified, and approved by its accrediting bodies, these include, The CMA, Professional Beauty Direct, IPHM, Associated Beauty Therapists and IICT. Each course carries individual accreditation so please check which course is accredited with which body.
Holistic Therapies Training accept no liability for any injury or loss to a person or property throughout and accept no liability for damage or injury caused by a student to another person, whether before, during or after training.
Appeals - Appeals Procedure
Our up to date Covid-19 working policy can be found here, this includes all recommended working practices including PPE - COVID-19 Working Policy
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the School’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the School’s website are provided 'as is'. The School makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the School does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the School be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the School’s website, even if the School or an authorized of the School has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the School’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The School does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The School may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The School does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The School has not reviewed all the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the School of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the School’s website shall be governed by the laws of the School Owner’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.